Sunday, January 29, 2012

Our surrogate

My husband and I went over to his mom's house New Years Day and a  ex co worker of mine and friend was there at the house with her three month old baby.  I held her baby and kept wishing that I could be a parent. She asked me if I had any kids. I told her no. She said "you don't want any."  I said "It's not that I don't want any it's just that it hasn't happened for me." She then said that she remembered me talking about that when we worked together and she would be our surrogate. I was very shocked and happy at the same time.  My husband and I had been talking about going to India for surrogacy and here was the opportunity with a local woman where we would be able to be a part of the pregnancy. I was over the moon! I made arrangements for us to meet up the next weekend to discuss all of our concerns.

We went over to her house and talked over everything. We discuss our concerns and she discussed hers.  Now everyone was on board and ready for this to happen. We new that it wouldn't be until this  December or January 2013 because of course we don't have that kind of money laying around but was ready for our journey to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment